Challenges and Solutions
Thank you for your interest in the Chicken of the Sea Mermaid Club. If you are experiencing technical issues, such as trouble logging onto the site, below are questions regarding challenges that may be interrupting your Mermaid Club experience, and solutions to those challenges.
Are you a registered Mermaid Club member?
Registration is required to use the Mermaid Club. However, registration is FREE, and as a member you will receive health information, recipes and special promotions exclusively for members.
To register, go to The Mermaid Club and complete the registration. Then, log in using the e-mail address and password you specified when registering for the Mermaid Club.
Are my cookies enabled?
Cookies also ensure only Mermaid Club members can access the benefits of membership. Without cookies enabled, you will not be able to view any page within the Mermaid Club, which is only available to registered users.
NOTE: Some firewalls block cookies. If you have firewall software running on your computer and you cannot accept cookies after making the appropriate setting changes in your browser, please make sure that your firewall settings are not blocking cookies.
To turn on cookies in Netscape Navigator:
1. Go to the "Edit menu" in Netscape
2. Select "Preferences" from the menu
3. A new window will open, pick "Advanced" from the list in the window
4. There will be a box on the bottom of the window with "Cookie" options
There are three options:
1. Accept all cookies
2. Accept only cookies that go back to the server
3. Disable cookies
Select the "Accept all cookies" option (You may also choose "Warn me before accepting cookies")
To turn on cookies in Safari:
1. Select "Preferences" from the Safari menu
2. In the next window select the "Security" tab
3. In the middle of the security window at "Accept cookies," select the option for "Only from sites you navigate to" box
4. Close the window
To turn on cookies in Internet Explorer 6:
1. Select "Internet options" from the "Tools" menu
2. In the next window select the "Security" tab. At the bottom of the security window, select the "Custom level" box
3. A new window will pop up
4. Scroll down the list until you come to cookies
5. Select the "Enable/prompt" options
To turn on cookies in Internet Explorer 7:
*You may have to push the "Alt" to see the Internet Explorer menu
1. Select "Internet options" from the "Tools" menu
2. In the next window select the "Privacy" tab
3. At the bottom of the "Settings" section click the "Advanced" button
4. A new window will pop up
5. Click "Accept First-party Cookies". (Chicken of the Sea does not use Third-Party Cookies)
6. Click the "OK" button twice
To turn on cookies in Mozilla Firefox on a Mac:
1. Select "Preferences" from the Firefox menu
2. In the new pop-up window select the "Privacy" tab
3. Under the "Cookies" heading click the check box that says: "Accept cookies from sites"
4. Select "Keep until they expire" from the dropdown menu
5. Close this window
To turn on cookies in Mozilla Firefox on a PC:
1. Select "Options" from the "Tools" menu
2. In the new "Options" window select the "Privacy" tab
3. In the middle of this window click the check box that says: "Accept cookies from sites"
4. Select "Keep cookies until they expire" from the dropdown menu
5. Click "OK"
I've enabled my cookies and still can't access the registration page or any pages in the Mermaid Club. What should I do?
To access the Mermaid Club, your pop-up blocker software must be off and you must be using a browser that is compatible with the Mermaid Club.
I forgot my password. How can I retrieve it?
To retrieve your password, click here and enter your e–mail address. Your password will then be sent to you via e–mail.
I am a Mermaid Club member but am not receiving e–mail from Chicken of the Sea. What should I do?
Spam filters sometimes block desired e–mail. It's possible that our mailings are getting placed in your "Bulk" or "Junk" mail boxes as a result of a spam filter. To change this, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or "Safe list."
I've followed all the trouble–shooting tips on this page and am still having challenges. How can I contact the Webmaster?
If none of the above solutions have helped your situation, contact us.
How do I unsubscribe?
There are several ways to unsubscribe from the Mermaid Club and its mailings. Each e–mail from the Mermaid Club has an "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the mailing. By clicking on that link, you will no longer be part of that mailing only. In other words, if you unsubscribe from the Mermaid Memo, you will no longer receive the memo, but will still receive the recipe blast, special offer mailings, etc. The same is true for the recipe blast.
To unsubscribe from all mailings, you can either:
Click the "Edit my profile" link at the bottom of the home page after logging into the club, and go to the "Unsubscribe" drop–down menu and select the option that you desire.
If you cannot log in, or you do not get the profile page when clicking on the "Edit my profile" link, then click here to change your profile and check the box "Check here to unsubscribe" and then "Submit." You will be unsubscribed from all mailings.